Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh YouTube... so interesting, yet also such a waste of time. I found searching YouTube difficult as I could only figure out how to search by keyword. Where are the tags? I've beginning to appreciate the "tagging way" as opposed to the "keyword way". Anyway, I do like that I am able to find things like old television outtakes and such on here. I am a big fan of the show "So You Think You Can Dance". After doing lots of musical theatre, I am fully aware that I cannot dance, but love to watch people that can. One of my favourite dances of all the seasons can be seen here.

So the Yahoo podcast site seems to be gone (?) and I couldn't find podcast.net, only podcast.com. I found a few podcasts on podcast.com that I thought might be useful. Some Library 2.0 podcasts, and a podcast from an MLIS program in Missouri would be great for learning things that could help me become a better library staff person. My only issue with podcasts, which is the same one I have with audio books and old style distance education, is that I'm a visual learner, and tend to get bored or distracted when I have no accompanying visual stimulus. Will I seek out podcasts to help my future learning? Possibly, but I think I'd probably look for an article first.

No comments: