Sunday, September 14, 2008

Web 2.0 - The First Post

Here we are on assignment 2 for the Community Development Web 2.0 course. Jenny has asked us to write on what we hope to learn from this course, as well as any hesitations we might have. Well, here is the one thing I'm nervous about... putting my writing out there for the whole world to see! I confess that I tend to be a bit hesitant to publicly display my thoughts, but I guess now's a good a time as any to face that issue!

I'm very excited to have the opportunity to learn about all these different technologies, and find ways we can utilize them in our organizations. Although I feel that I am a fairly technologically savvy person, the only application listed on the course outline that I've used at any great length is Facebook. I've had some opportunity to use Flickr, when friends have posted images, as well used YouTube when friends have sent me links, but I have yet to explore them beyond a superficial level. Who knows, maybe after this course I'll find myself using these applications for myself. Now, if I could only find an application which added a few more hours to the day...

No comments: