Sunday, September 28, 2008

Photos & Imaging

Information Overload ALERT! I know Jenny said we didn't need to fully understand the technical stuff behind mashups, but I tried, and now my brain hurts! I'm sure there are many ways we could use mashups, but I would need to have a better grasp of the application before coming up with ways to apply it to our organization.

The comic strip generator would be handy in creating advertisements for kids programs, or even for creating a comic as part of a children's activity. Using what I would guess would be a mashup, we could take the Google map that is on the RWL website, and have a picture of the specific library pop up when you mouse over the placeholder. I personally would be concerned about the copyright specifics of using the Add Letters site for something like advertising, or on our own website.

As for flickr, I think it's a very interesting site for photographers to showcase their work, as well as a great forum to share photos with family and friends. As I do lots of still life photography, I fell in love with this shot:


Red.Source
Originally uploaded by Chris (archi3d)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, you are sure brave for trying to understand all the technical stuff behind mashups!

I loved the comic strip image generator...I had to stop and force myself to move on to more productive work!

Jenny.