Okay, I'll admit it, I am a Facebook addict. I love that I'm able to keep connected to close friends who have moved to the other side of the country, and the other side of the world. It's great. However, I am also very selective about the friends I add to my Facebook, and have all my privacy filters set as tight as they can go. As much as I want to share my life with my friends, I don't need to share it with the whole world.
Facebook groups can be a way of bringing like minded people together. However, they can also be used to rile people up, and when an organization creates a group, it can open itself up to being attacked in a public forum. However, it is also a great way to keep members of that group up to date on events. RWL could use a site to keep people posted on sign up times for Story Time, the Evergreen selections for that year, or begin a discussion on the current One Book, One Community selection. However, I think that there are probably other ways that this could be done more efficiently.
Library Thing was fun! I haven't had too much time to explore it, but I did have fun cataloging some of my recently read titles. It is something I will definitely explore further when I'm no longer concentrating on packing my own bookshelves into boxes. Hmmm... maybe when I'm unpacking I could catalogue them on Library Thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Facebook is a fun tool but it does raise a lot of security issues.
Many people use Library Thing to catalogue their own collection! It's a great tool.
Jenny.
Post a Comment